Auto Electrical Repair and Servicing
Humphrey Motors performs a wide range of auto electrical repairs on late and early model vehicles including auto air conditioning repairs. We excel at the small and the big electrical tasks through our business relationship with Photo Electric Services who are right next door. So whether it is your speedometer, tachometer, fuel level gauge, temperature gauge or central locking system Humphrey Motors are your auto electrical repair vehicle experts.
Auto Electrical services include:
- Air conditioner re-gass & repair
- Alternator testing, replacement & repair
- Battery testing
- Central locking system repairs
- Dashboard instrumentation repairs
- Dual battery fitting
- EFI (electronic fuel injection) diagnosis
- LED light conversion
- Power window repair
- Solar pannel, regulator, & dual battery fitting.
- Sound system, audio, speaker installation
- Spot light/driving light fitting
- Starter motor replacement & repair
Log Book Service
A Humphrey Motors Logbook Service is a comprehensive service that ensures your vehicle is operating safely and economically, without voiding your manufacturers warranty. The service includes all parts*, oils and scheduled service items, plus a safety check and vehicle inspection report. Is your car due for a log book service?
- Fresh Oil
- New Oil Filter
- New Fuel Filter
- Fresh Wiper Blades
- New Air Filter
*Parts fitted depends on the term of the service ie. 100,000kms.
Roadworthy Safety Certificates
Selling a car can be exciting, tiring and chaotic; whether you’re upgrading or investing elsewhere, it is important to protect yourself and your fellow motorists by certifying the vehicle as road safe, protecting you and your buyer from liability and a substantial fine.
An Safety Certificate (Roadworthy Certificate) inspection will take approximately 40-50 minutes. At the completion of the inspection, a detailed written report will be issued. If the vehicle fails inspection, you have fourteen days to rectify the problem and re-schedule a second inspection.*
At Humphrey Motors, we believe in preventing long-term issues for our customers. Most motorists have a general idea of what’s expected when selling a car, however:
- The buyer is required to check the expiration of the Safety Certificate before purchase. Registration transfers cannot be processed without a valid Safety Certificate.
- If buying an unregistered vehicle, there is no legal requirement for sellers to provide a Safety Certificate/Roadworthy. However, in the buyer’s best interest to request one before any purchase is made.
- When selling your vehicle privately, the Safety Certificate/Roadworthy Certificate is valid for 2 months or 2,000km (whichever occurs first).
- The seller is legally required to provide the buyer with a Safety Certificate and cover any repair costs that may be necessary.
*Second roadworthy inspection within 14 days is free. Charges apply outside of this period.
Light Trailer Repairs
Trailers require servicing just as much as any other vehicle on the road. Trailers are the least maintained and situations just like this could be easily avoided with regular servicing. Humphrey Motors offer trailer repairs and servicing. We can come to you or you can come to us.
We can also offer roadworthy inspections for trailers as well as light vehicles as well as the following:
- Repacking & replacement of wheel bearings
- Electric brake conversion
- Electrical repairs: including lights including re-wiring of lights, Trailer Plugs
- LED light conversion
- All trailer suspension repairs
- General Servicing and inspections
- Suspension upgrades
- Axle replacements and upgrades
- Welding repairs
- Trailer roadworthy certificates
Light Truck Servicing and Repairs
Along with car servicing, Humphrey Motors offers trailer and light truck repairs.
The following is a list of some of the light trucks repair and services we provide:
- Regular servicing, diagnostic and repairs
- Air Conditioning repairs
- Auto-electrical repairs (battery replacements, starter motor and alternator repairs and replacements)
- Steering and suspension
- DPF repairs and replacement
- EGR repair
- Common-Rail injection systems
- Drive-line, ABS, brake, gearbox, differential, clutch & transmission repairs
- Cooling system repairs & maintenance
- Early & late model light trucks
- Minor & major repairs
- Manufacture’s logbook service
- Brake repairs (air brakes, air over hydraulics and hydraulic brakes)
- Fleet maintenance repairs
Is your car not running right? We can get it running perfectly!
- Replacement of spark plugs
- Timing/Idle Adjustments
- Complete Inspection of motor